Thursday, October 15, 2015

Cycling to Ras Al Khaimah town

I didn't think it was possible but I did it.  Cycling within RAK town is actually very enjoyable.  There are many shops and sights, I totally forgot about tiredness and time when I am within RAK town.  But the highway is really death inviting.





Just about 10 minutes journey, I saw a lot of flowers greeting me to start journey



About half way through I stopped and had a water melon juice.  Its actually very fresh but a bit too sweet.  So I felt thirsty after the juice ...



 The dinning room has no table, here people sat down on the floor and eat


The first surprise is this beach, it is right there just entering RAK town from south. GPS 25.771919, 55.921503

There are actually many sections so I am not sure if it is public but anyone could reach here without any apparent permission needed.  A specific area actually has very nicely built sitting area - which I am not sure if that belongs to the restaurant.


There are a lot of mosque along the way.  This one has a lot of birds on top of the mosque head


After passed by the big roundabout turning to Julphar tower, I started entering the old town - which gets interesting.  I like this part of the town, it seems like each shop is worth exploring.

I saw some water holder, made from clay or ceramic, seems like local made.



I was quite impressed by Dubai fish market earlier, now that I found one in RAK too.  I should be coming here often when I have car in future.  Seafood is one of the few Fresh Food you can get here.


had a very down to earth local meal
 the rice is superb.  I seldom eat rice but I finished the plate.  
  Total 20 dirhams despite the menu says 25.  
I think its because the fish is small which I mentioned I want a small one

Huge ferry across the river


a car drove by but the pigeons already got used to that so I cycled over to greet them instead
video: this is along side

People having meals at many spots in the park despite its a hot afternoon.  As it is near sea, its quite windy throughout the day.  There are times its just one person, some are small family, then there are groups that all sit together, another group that has women sat at one side with the kids, another side are group of men.  One of the group leader even shouted inviting me to join them despite I didn't stop cycling by only.  I briefly smile back only.

This fort like structure is actually a restaurant within the park. 
I am thinking would come here to dine one day.


the tallest flag in RAK ?


 an interesting hotel next to bus station


looks like the most fine dine restaurant but actually just a pizza shop ?


When almost reach home, I was thinking to stop by buying some stuff but found that the road is blocked !!  Its interesting the road can be blocked without any warning and no sign of why doing so.


Upon reaching home, right behind Acacia hotel, a group of people are playing Cricket, another proof that desert emptiness can't stop people's determinism




2 comments:

  1. yes, most can speak English here. Only some local locals and old immigrants who came following the expats only speak their own language.

    ReplyDelete